FunkyD

Apr 26, 2007
I got a 1995 cr125 and want a slight bit more bottom end, but i dont want to saccrifice to much on top cause i love to scream it down the logging roads and up long hills. Will dropping one tooth on the sprocket help me get a slight bit more bottom end and keep me from falling off the powerband when i start slowing down on hills? Or will i need to drop 2 teeth to make a difference. I want to lose as little on top as possible.

FunkyD

Apr 26, 2007
I'm pretty good with a clutch but I'd still rather have a bit of bottom end to save my butt because it falls off the powerband fairly quickly when you mess up.

friar tuck

Feb 9, 2006
I went down one from stock on my RM, and I really liked it. I eventually even went up 2 on the back. But I ride really tight single track and hillclimbs. There's almost no place to max it out even geared that way. But I think you'll like just going down 1 up front if you have places to really get on it.

john stu

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 7, 2002
do you have the best pipe/silencer combo for that bike? and what about a v-force or at least boysen reeds how about jetting (jetting helps a lot in how easy it is to get on the pipe)is the top end freash? all that stuff will get you lots of more throttle responce and help get on the pipe much sooner if yes to all of the above adding 1 tooth i would think you would lose 4 mph but it would be a little easyer to keep on the pipe

NJGregsCR

Feb 25, 2007
How about a flywheel weight, I put one on my 97 CR250R and saw a big difference in the lowend response, easier starting too.
I also put on a 1 tooth larger rear sprocket. The combo definately seems to make a difference in the woods at low speeds and "lugging" the motor.

good luck!

FunkyD

Apr 26, 2007
i have a pro cuircuit platinum pipe, stock silencer, pretty sure the guy i bought it from rebuilt the top end, not sure if it has aftermarket reeds or not. i might get a shorty silencer becasue i read that it gives more bottom end. when i get my wheel back from the shop i will go for a ride and see if i need the lower gearing for sure. i'll probably end up getting a 1 tooth smaller front sprocket to experiment with, and maybe some more motor-mods when i get the money.

Top Bottom