2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
CRF59jk said:
Should I take the hole engine out? Or just leave it in the bike?

Out--It's easier to take to the shop to have them re-assemble it that way.

Seriously, though: before you start doing this, do you have a set of micrometers, good feeler guages, torque wrench etc.???

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Why do people feel the need to make ridiculous proclamations about the amount of hours on their 4 strokes?

We start with....

CRF59jk said:
Yeah, I really do have around 500 hours on the bike.

Then when called on it by experts we get....

CRF59jk said:
Well actually when I really think of it. I only ride 3 days a week in the summer and I ride 2 times a month in the winter. I compltly forgot about that.
So I would say I have 150 hours on the bike actually.
Im sorry

And then while perusing TT tonight I find this...

CRF59jk said:
I have around 40-50 hours on my 450.

So we've gone from 500 hours to 40-50. So in following the trends by this time next week it will turn out you actually own an 82 XR100 that you haven't actually rode yet because you can't get it started. :coocoo:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Oooooh, Chili that leaves not only a red mark but a blister.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Chili said:

So we've gone from 500 hours to 40-50. So in following the trends by this time next week it will turn out you actually own an 82 XR100 that you haven't actually rode yet because you can't get it started. :coocoo:

:yikes: Good catch Chili. :nod: Too funny. :rotfl: :rotfl:

john stu

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 7, 2002
Chili said:
Why do people feel the need to make ridiculous proclamations about the amount of hours on their 4 strokes?

We start with....

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Chili said:

We start with....

If we look into other boards, we'll likely find a reference to a monkey and a football!;):yikes:

peanuts

Jun 16, 2007
CRF59jk said:
Tomorrow I am ripping the hole bike apart and cleaning it and looking over it all. I figured it isnt that hard. All you have to do is read the damn service manual and put it back together.

It might be too late if you've already started, but mechanics earn a living not because everyone is too lazy to do their own work but because they are good at what they do. Really, seriously, if you love your CRF, take it to a bike mechanic. The ones at your local honda dealer usually have some idea of what to do with honda's.

It is fun to learn about your motor by pulling it down. But if I had no idea what I was doing I would not start on a CRF450. Unless it was someone elses maybe. If you're serious about stripping down a motor, buy yourself a POS old clanger farmer dave is selling for 100 bucks and strip it. Then get on the interweb and find out how much you still dont know about your crf. The reason CRFs go faster and harder than any XR ever will isn;t because it has a radiator and has cool motox plastics. It's in the engine. And it's complicated.

I just pray to the God of Motors and the Great Oil Spirits that you haven't started this ill fated quest yet.

Top Bottom