KTMDan

Mar 23, 2001
Anyone ever try that 100:1 Amsoil premix? A friend of mine just got a distrubutership and told me about it. Just wondering if anyone else has ever tried it. I have used thier regular synthetic oil in my snowmobile and work great, but I am not sure about the 100:1.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
I believe there was another thread here about oil where another member said they had called or talked to someone from Amsoil that said they do not recommend the 100:1 oil for dirt bikes, it is for outboard motors that don't rev as high or produce as much horsepower per liter as dirt bikes. For dirt bikes they recommend their 50:1 oil. That said I know a guy (about 8 years back) that ran the 100:1 Amsoil in his YZ250 all the time with no problem. I was to paraniod to try it and stuck with 40:1 Belray synthetic in my 250 E/XC.

tm-enduro

Mar 7, 2001
Like yourself, I have been using the Amsoil synthetic in my snowmobile with great results (for ~10 years). I have been using the 100:1 Amsoil in my TM125 enduro (and my previous other 3 or 4 bikes) with equally good results. The motor looks great when I take it apart, and I haven't "blown-one-up" yet.

Steve F.

Mar 2, 2000
I just started using 100:1 Amsoil in my 98 300EXC after I did the top end & it runs great.I mix it at 50:1 which I think is 12.8 oz.in 5 gal.I did use Motul t-2 800 before that at 40:1 & bike also ran great but I had my lowwer rod bearing checked for play by 2 different machanics & both said it was just starting to get play in it which I think is premature for only having about 125 hrs.& about 1200 miles also I know 2 others that had problems one on a 98yz250 with less time on it than mine,crank & lowwer rod bearing on that one & also the same on a 93 KTM 300 which was probably do anyway.Im not saying it was the Motul as I dont know there riding styles or if the bikes were even jetted right,I just saw it as a good reason to try something different & only time will tell if the Amsoil is good or not.Like I have herd from many others most all oils these days are very high quality & you probably could not go wrong with any big name 2-stroke oil.

Steve F. 98 300EXC

penguin

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Feb 19, 2000
at 100:1 the crank is not getting the oil it needs. To me Amzoil, at 100:1 in a dirtbike is like most things that seem too good to be true: they ARE too good to be true
wink.gif

------------------
You weren't born knowing this stuff.

Deeler

Feb 19, 2000
I disagree with you Penquin. When I raced KTM's, ('85-'95) my dealer ran Optimol at 100:1 with no problems. I feared the worst and ran about 80:1, again with no problems.
Once in a while something that seems to good to be true is actually true....

DAVE

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
The 100:1 is not suggested for dirt bikes. They have a newer product Amsoil Series 2000 2 Cycle Oil that is AWESOME stuff. Mix it at 50:1 and I would be VERY suprised if you see any buildup on the head or power valve. I have run it since switching from Motul at 50:1 in both my 360 and sons SX50. ZERO problems.

MotoXdog

Jun 26, 2001
:cool: Amsoil DOES NOT recommend using the 100:1 2 cycle oil in high performance apps. Also, the Series 2000 burns much cleaner.

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
Yeasterday I went to one of the local bike places to get fuel. While I was there I suddenly remembered I needed oil since using all of the 100:1 I ordered months ago. There sitting all by itself was a bottle of the 2000 series stuff and promptly picked it up and took it to the counter. The owner of the place said he got a few for try-outs and thought that the profits were next to nil. He didn't even have it in the computer system for a price. He asked me how much I usually pay I told him that this is the first I've used this particular series. He says, "How's $4.00 sound?" "I said hmm, I guess I can live with that", paid and left smilling from ear to ear. I know, I should be ashamed:p

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
Originally posted by yarbonwick
Yeasterday I went to one of the local bike places to get fuel. While I was there I suddenly remembered I needed oil since using all of the 100:1 I ordered months ago. There sitting all by itself was a bottle of the 2000 series stuff and promptly picked it up and took it to the counter. The owner of the place said he got a few for try-outs and thought that the profits were next to nil. He didn't even have it in the computer system for a price. He asked me how much I usually pay I told him that this is the first I've used this particular series. He says, "How's $4.00 sound?" "I said hmm, I guess I can live with that", paid and left smilling from ear to ear. I know, I should be ashamed:p

That is really a good price i pay 8.50 a quart for the 2000 series 2 cycle racing oil.I think he made a big boo boo.

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
I know. That why I had the chit eating grin. Too bad he only had one!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Yarbo shame on you! :D

Not a big profit line?! He's nuts! Amsoil just lists an MSRP but allows dealr to set their own prices. At $4 he did lose money because the dealer cost on the stuff is more than that.

You will be happy with it though it is AWESOME stuff, the price is not bad especially compared to Motul and ELF, and if you really get hooked on it you can always sign up as a prefered customer or dealer.

Top Bottom