100 Four Stroke to a 125 two stroke

Brendin

Jan 5, 2004
Hey, last summer I got a Honda 100 Four Stroke trail bike but it wasn't fast enough for me and I didn't get the power i wanted. So this summer I would like to get a new bike.
I am 15 years old 5,8 125 pounds do you think I would be able to ride a 2 stroke 125 without problems. I only rid the 100 a year and thats all the riding I have done on a regular basis
Anyhelp would be nice

Porstala F9

Jul 30, 2003
Originally posted by Brendin
Hey, last summer I got a Honda 100 Four Stroke trail bike but it wasn't fast enough for me and I didn't get the power i wanted. So this summer I would like to get a new bike.
I am 15 years old 5,8 125 pounds do you think I would be able to ride a 2 stroke 125 without problems. I only rid the 100 a year and thats all the riding I have done on a regular basis
Anyhelp would be nice

I think I should be able to help you pretty well.

I am around your same age, height, and weight at about 5'7 and about 120 lbs and 15. I had a Honda XR 80 (extremely similar to your 100) for a year.

I got a 2003 KX 125 for Christmas. It is a hell of a lot more power obviously, but it is extremely easy to adapt to. I rode my XR 80 for about a year until I outgrew it. I could really handle the XR 80 pretty well. I rode it like an MX bike the best I could until it just couldnt take it anymore and I needed a new bike for more power, bigger size, and suspension. The 125 does everything I want it to do and never hesitates like an XR.

To answer your question, I think you would do fine adapting to a 125 2-stroke. Have you ever ridden a 2stroke before? I rode several 80 2-strokes before stepping on a 125, which might have helped. But even straight off an XR 80, you should be fine on a 125 imo, even if your not the best rider.

Hope that helps! I'll answer any questions you need.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom