blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
Nov 3, 2000
I wish I could write about how great of a day I had at Cycle Ranch MX today, but unfortunatly I can't. If you've ever seen the movie "Final Destination" that about sums up my day yesterday.

As many of you know, I put my dog down on Friday morning. Since then I have had about a million other things go wrong (that I won't really go into detail about), and thought life was pretty bad.

I have been looking forward to a race for over a year at Cycle Ranch for women (WML Cup). They have 12 different women's classes divided up by skill and bike size. I was so excited for this race and had everything prepared for it. As of October there were 130 entries for the women's classes. Would be an awesome event and I was ready to kick some girl butt.

So I headed off wednesday morning to my friend, Scotty's house with my bike to get it all prepped for the race and leave for San Antonio later that evening. He had gotten me all new plastic/graphics, grips, and other what nots, for this race so I could be all spiffy and he was going as my mechanic. So I leave the house at 10:00 a.m. at 10:15 I was on highway 75 about to get on the highway 635 ramp when I was rear ended and pushed into another truck. My truck was totaled and my bike was pushed into the cab of my truck. So if you were on highway 75 yesterday in Dallas trying to go South you can thank me for backing up traffic for 11 miles.

The guy infront of me had a trailer hitch that was wedged about 1 foot into my engine, and the bed of my truck basically folded. There is major frame damage. My air bags did not go off, which pisses me off. My bike was pushed into the cab and left a 2 inch indention (3 inches wide) where the front tire was. The bike appears to be ok, but I brought it to the shop and it appears the tripleclamps, suspension, and frame could be damaged/bent. With a force that hard something had to have given on the bike because it was basically smushed.

The dude in front of me's truck had minor damage to his bumper and tailgate as the trailer hitch ball is the thing that i really hit. The guy behind me's front bumper and radiator were damaged. Both big trucks against my little truck.

I called my mom and then Scotty to pick up my bike. I decided to spend the day with scotty and check my bike out to see if it was ok and still go down to Cycle Ranch. I was sore, but thought I felt ok. Unfortuatly this pipe dream never happened as it appears I am injured. My neck is so sore I can't hardly move it and no matter what I'm doing I'm in a lot of pain. If you even touch my neck or anywhere on my back I scream. It's been almost 48 hours since the accident and the pain spreads and gets worse by the hour. At first I thought this was normal (whiplash) type pain from an auto accident as I have never been in one before. I think something is wrong though and I will be seeing a doctor in the morning.

So my friend decides to take me home (weds night). We are driving down the highway when these two cars are road raging and one gets out of control, spins out hits the guardrail and flies off the bridge on the highway... (if he would have boucned of the guardrail he would have hit us). We called 911 and the guy fled the scene. Then when in town a dude ran a red light and we almost t-boned him. Then I got a call from my mom saying that she got in a car accident too and got rear-ended. (She and my grandma are both ok as well as the car, minor bumper damage) We avoided about 2 more wrecks after that kept seeing tow trucks on the side of the road and RIP signs with flowers. Scotty and I were so freaked out, I made him stay at my house that night (he lives an hour away). It was like this black cloud was following us, or in like in the Final Destination movie, death.

So here I am bikeless, truckless, and dogless... and I have no idea if this dude's insurance is going to pay for my gear that got trashed, my unicycle (bent to hell), my dirtbike, my bed extender, my truck, and my health bills. I am also self-employeed (freelance graphic/web design) and right now I can't stand to sit in a chair for more than 15 minutes. I'm not really sure what I should do at this point besides sleep and wish I could wake up from this awful nightmare.

The things I am thank-ful for...
-that I am still alive
-that me and my family had a great thanksgiving
-hydrocodine and alchol
-that my friend and I are for the most part in good health
-that I have had the opportunity to do neat things like ride motorcycles
-that I had an awesome companion for 17 years (that I miss a lot)
-that I have good people behind me that care about and take care of me.
-that life can only go one way from here and that is up
-that there are truck sales at the end of the year.

Last edited:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Jenny when it hits the fan it sometimes gets ugly but you survived it that's what counts. I have a feeling alot of the close calls were the same as you experience in everyday driving you were just tuned in to them after the first crash. If his insurance balks at paying up make sure your insurance makes you whole and goes after him. Looks like your chance to upgrade to a 4stroker
Glad to hear with everything you are going up against lately you still sound like the Blackhawk we all know and love:thumb:

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
Well it's good to hear that you, your friend, and your family are ok. Some times life stacks up a pile of crap for you like that. Hopefully everything will work out for the best for you. The guy's insurance should pay for everything that was damaged or destroyed. And look on the bright side... A new truck, bike, and a new unicycle. And at least if they don’t pony up for the unicycle I think I have I can give ya.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Jenny at least you are ALIVE!  Sorry to hear that so much has happened in such a short span of time.  Take things on one at a time and you will be fine in no time. 

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Damn Jenny!
Sorry to read that stuff, but hey, you'll make it thru it, yes, you'll get paid for all damages. It's gotta suck, but I'm pretty sure all of us go thru stuff/days like that sooner or later. Keep your head up and I hope you feel better soon.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Jenny! I am really glad you and your family are ok!!! I can't believe a lot of the things that have happened to you lately. Hang in there girlie!

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Jenny,

I am glad you are safe, but I am sorry to hear about all your misfortunes. You should be compensated by his insurance for all your damages. You are a great person that brightens everyone's spirits that you come in contact with. If there is something I can do to help just let me know.

Hang in there and keep your chin up.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Very sorry for your string of bad luck, Jenny.
Keep strong and heal up soon. Things WILL be better!

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Glad to hear that everyone made it out alive and relatively healthy. Keep your spirits up, get the rest you need and focus on the positives around you (your family, your friend etc) and things will start to look brighter in a hurry :thumb:

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
:( sorry to here, but things sure can't get any worse, which means the sun will be coming out again, and things WILL get better :thumb: Keep a positive attitude ;)

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Sorry to hear that Jenny.

One other thing you can be thankful for is that there are a bunch of us on DRN who are thankful you are not hurt worse and able to post. Let us know how the doc visit goes.

Ivan

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Oh man, girl, I am worried for ya! Keep us posted on the truck, the bike and most of all your neck. You have a boat load of people here who care about you and worry for you. Keep smiling, because you know you will get through it and it will all be better tomorrow.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
That which doesn't kill ya only makes you more strong! I'm glad I got to ride your bike before it got thrashed (I'm only teasing you) give a holler if you need anything, Take care Jenny

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Hang in there Jenny. You're a strong woman and I know you'll get through it. Just remember that you don't have to do it alone. :cool:

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
I Hope you start feeling better soon :(

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Damn, do they know this is no way to treat a Queen?!?!? :debil:

Get healed up real soon.

as to the lack of airbag deployment, I would bet that the trailer going into your grille rather than hitting your bumper may have had something to do with it, dunno . . . :think:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by XRpredator

as to the lack of airbag deployment, I would bet that the trailer going into your grille rather than hitting your bumper may have had something to do with it, dunno . . . :think:

The airbag should deploy at 15 mph impact or less, down to 5 mph.  The system should be checked regardless.  If it is faulty, the manufacturer may be liable for some of your losses.  The airbags work from accelerometers.  That is all that really needs to be tested.  The airbag itself is a small rocket motor that burns for 1/27 of a second.  It is designed deploy even if the battery is destroyed in the crash.  Have the airbag system checked.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Jenny~I am so sorry to hear about all the terrible things that have happened to you lately. Thankfully you're ok and your family is ok. Rest up, heal up, and keep us posted on how your doctors visits go.

Remember, you have a great family here and we're all here for you all the time if you need a shoulder to lean on or an ear to listen.

blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
Nov 3, 2000
Just got back from the ER, as all the doctor offices were closed until Monday.

Basically I did a lot of muscle damage to my back and neck and I think suffered a concussion even though my head didn't hit anything (same side effects from when I was knocked out mx'ing). They gave me good pain killers. I feel better now. Hopefully I will be able to sleep now instead of tossing and turning because every position is uncomfortable. They checked my urine too because I was having stomach pains and burning where the seat belt was which all came out OK.

Went to look at new trucks after I was doped up from the hospital, looks like I'll be getting something uber cool! (ie: brand new) I've never had a brand new car/truck before! :)

Anyways, my insurance has asked me to contact Dodge about my airbags and I might be contacting a lawyer depending on how things go with the insurance companies because there is alot of stuff that needs to be replaced that got damaged in the wreck. (So thankful my $3500 laptop used for my bidness is 100% ok as it was throw around inside the cab of the truck.)

Thanks for the kind words and good wishes! My spirts are up, and you know me, I never give up on anything. Just been frusterated with my run of bad luck.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by blackhawk468
Just been frusterated with my run of bad luck.
Just rest assured it's all in the past now and you've got all the bad luck out of the way.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
OMG Jenny!! Glad to hear you made it through mostly intact. Compared to you, I've been for a walk on easy street.
hang in there. Good things are on the horizon!

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
Originally posted by blackhawk468
Went to look at new trucks after I was doped up from the hospital, looks like I'll be getting something uber cool! (ie: brand new) I've never had a brand new car/truck before! :)

Very cool, just keep in mind whoops and Short Arm/Long Arm Suspension don't mix at all. Trust me on this one :uh:

Take it easy

Top Bottom