mikromo

Jul 6, 2000
I may have just had as good an of road day as I've ever had. My freind and fellow 45-55 class c racer Tom R. left K.C. Sat. evening to Chadwick, convoying with Chadwick rookie and fellow class racer Dwayne D., his son and his sons buddy ( both 15 ). We got there just in time to set camp and hit the sack. Got up early Sun. had breakfast, showed the boys some easy loops and hit the trails with a vengence. Tom has been going to Chadwick on and off for many years, so he knows where much of the secret single track lays. Man did we tear it up! 3 guys with pretty much equal skills riding together on a perfect day is real hard to beat. Tom and I both ride 03 KTM 200 exc's and both of us thought our suspention was finally good and broke in Sunday. Roots, rocks, logs... you name it, the mighty KTM's soaked it up. Dwaynes Gas Gas 300, had no trouble either. At the end of the day you would be hard pressed to wipe the smiles off of anybodys face, including the boys whom had their own adventures ( 1st timers ) as well. Man that made me want to head back to Chadwick as often as possible, despite the wife's saying with that and racing, we don't spend enough time together. Anyway, that was a day I won't soon forget. And yes, the KTM's odometer, zero'ed in the morning read 110 miles as we rolled them in the trailer. A big WOOHOO!!!!!

Duane

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2002
I cannot imagine a better day of riding. Thanks to Mike and Tom. This was probable as close to perfect as I could have for a first time at Chadwick. They know Chadwick well and were great guides. While on the trails the only directions I was ever sure of was up and down. The pace we kept didn’t allow me to examine landmarks or trail signs. Maybe next time. As I waited for Mike to turn his pickup and trailer around to leave my son was asking, “When can we come back?”

94ruck

Sep 14, 2001
Mikromo...I have kept to the workout program and gotten much stronger...
I try to take my family to the races and sometimes to chadwick...the drive and then the camping makes a great family outing. my wife doesn't ride but likes to relax and read while at camp. She and my daughter make up part of an awesome pitcrew when doing the mhsc races!

Top Bottom