Russ

Jan 17, 2001
Anyone out there using it or have tried it with the stock carb? If so, what did it do for the bike? I know it's richer...right?

------------------

DENNY

Nov 24, 1999
Russ I think you will be hard pressed to find anyone with a stock carb if you have a 220. If you want to try it I have an extra 1173 you can try it out. If you like it just order me a new one and if you do not send it back. All I'm asking is for you to pay for shipping and that can't be much since we both live in Pa.

------------------

Russ

Jan 17, 2001
Hey Denny,
I have a '01 200. Jeff Fredette suggested that it might be a good idea to try one. He said that it may help the off-idle response. Are you using one, and if so, what's your set-up? Thanks for getting back to me.

------------------

DENNY

Nov 24, 1999
It's a long story but Jeff sold it to me and I never used it. I had this carb done by RB Designs and I had some jetting problems. I tried the 1173L but it didn't help so I ordered the correct needle and pilot. Last night I put it together and I've been smiling every since.

------------------

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
1173 (L or K) on a stock 200 carb:

I ran one for awhile. Didn't notice a huge diff tween it and the stock 1174K.

Yes, it is 'richer' in that it is a smaller diameter. Check out:
www.justkdx.dirtrider.net

in the tech tips section for a great article on needles. That will tell you the specs on kawi needles and also OEM needles.

As far as off idle response..keep in mind that the air screw is best adjusted using your fanny as a guide..not hi idle.

With the RB carb I have now, I run an 1173L with my rev pipe in the summer, and the AEN with my torque in the winter.

Denny:
What does 'correct' mean?

I'm running a 42-152-AEN/4 with a torque (KG35). Don't think it's possible that my bike could run better. ('00 200)

------------------
  • OLD member
    'oh-oh' KDX 200
    '86 Nighthawk 700 SC
    (a motorcyle even if it doesn't have a chain!)

[This message has been edited by canyncarvr (edited 04-19-2001).]

DENNY

Nov 24, 1999
By correct I mean what works for my situation. I went from a AEK to a AEG needle and wow!!! But what works for me may be different for someone else because of all of the different factors that effect jetting.

------------------

Top Bottom