Newbie03

Aug 5, 2013
Okay so I'm 16 years old and plan on buying my first dirtbike in a few weeks when I get enough money. I don't have any dirt bike experiance at all and also no experience with using a clutch. I plan on using my bike mostly just for riding around on farm land and eventually taking to trails when I get good enough. I've always been a Honda fan so I'm wondering if the cr125 is a good first bike? And will I be able to handle the power having no experience? The only experience I have is on a little Honda atc 110 3 wheeler haha. I also tried to ride my Buddys kx250 once. That almost landed me a trip to the hospital. I went all out whiskey throttle and my ass was on the ground almost as soon as it was on the bike. My friend says a should get the 125 but I wanted to know what you guys think. Oh and I'm 6'1 and 155 pounds. Any answers will be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
You should be OK, especially riding around on bascially flat ground. Two strokes are very unforgiving, but the flat ground will make up for that.

I suspect that before long you will wish you had a 250. The 125 will be great for starting off but I wouldn't invest too much in your first bike. I certainly wouldn't go anthing smaller than a 125 with your height and weight.

Get used to the idea of your ass being slammed to the ground, it is going to happen. Get the proper protective gear: boots, helmet, goggles and chest protector. I also highly recommend knee pads and elbow pads. The riding pants may seem like an unnecessary expense but they will survive a lot more abuse than a pair of Levis will, and after you've torn a few good pair of levis you would have paid for the riding pants.

Rod

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom