125 2-stroke makes the Main in Seattle

hellbertos

Feb 17, 2004
I saw this on MXAmag.com today and thought I share it here...

Race Notes
* KTM rider Michael Willard took his two-stroke KTM 125 into the main event with a ninth place finish in his qualifier. Willard, the first rider to ever race a Supercross with a Leatt brace, ended up 15th in the main event.

Anyone see the race?? How'd he look out there?? Regardless, its great to hear a 2-stroker is out there mixing it up w/ the lawnmowers.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Willard took the challenge setup by another web board. The members had collected close to $5k to the first 2 stroke to make a main, as a secondary condition they added on that the rider should be wearing a Leatt brace. Scott Metz had tried previously but failed to make the night program and in Seattle Willard on the 125 and Cole Siebler on a CR250 both gave it a shot with Willard making the main and finishing 15th. As far as the note that Willard is the first rider to compete in a SX with a Leatt Brace this is completely inaccurate, Michael Sleeter was the first and has since been followed by many including Kevin Windham and most recently Chad Reed.

Last edited:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
XRpredator said:
I'm betting nobody heard it

You could hear it Pred. But, you had to be in the back of the pack. :nod: ;)

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
XRpredator said:
I'm betting nobody heard it

I heard it during practice but only because I was sitting right next to the track. The sound actually caught my attention because it sounded like someone had brought a chainsaw.

Steve

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
Lammy On Cr125

I heard that #6 will run a Honda CR125 at the Hangtown opener. Probably to retain his # and because he's an old school smoker.

Top Bottom