DuneJumper

Apr 29, 2007
1) 5'7 and about 128 pounds w/ gear 16 years old.
2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
on quads, id say 7/10, but bikes i dunno
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
DUNES, and a little bit of track and trail
4) Do you have any riding experience?
A little on a 125 four stroke, but other than that its all been on ATV's since i was 6 and now I am 16, and I am very aware they are vastly different.
5) Do you think you will race ?
No.
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
Yes.
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
Definatly two stroke, if a 125, KTM, 250, id get a Yamaha.
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
All of them
9) How much do you plan to spend on a bike?
1500, because my dad will pay the other half, so 3000 in all.
10) Do you live in California?
Yes, but no one really abides by the red sticker thing.
11) anything else that you think would help form an opinion
If I werent doing dunes, then id opt for the 125 for sure, but since im dunning im wondering if I should go 250. I have excelant
throttle control and know how to manage a very powerfull bike. I rode a 426 in the sand, and the power seemed perfectly fine, just a bit heavy and a 4 stroke. I finally have a job so im currently doing research. Plus, i dont want to have buy a upgraded bike soon.

CJ_SPARTA

Apr 21, 2007
Hey matey

ridding a bike on the sand is a different world when riding on the dirt/mud but see how you go man

a 250 has quite abit of punch and can definitely hurt you if you dont know how to tame the beast

go with a 250 but make sure you put your "smooth throttle control" skills to good use lol :)

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
Riding in the dunes is the one place that I always say that you can never have too much power. You may not enjoy a 125 in the dunes, go with the 250. A 450 four stroke would also be good.

As for the red sticker....

I am guessing that you have only riden in areas where the enforcement was lax or non-existant. Perhaps that is because your dad only went to places where he knew he could get away with it. If you are happy with those places, and want to gamble that the enforecment doesn't start, then fine. If you want to be able to ride anywhere, however, I would get a green sticker bike.

In your price range it might be a moot point. Any bike year 2002 or older will be green sticker eligible. You will find bikes that have no sticker at all, however. If you want to consider those I would factor the lack of a sticker as being something that decreased its value. To get the sticker will require a couple of trips to the DMV. You can't do it because you are not an adult, so it would be your mom or dad who would have to spend several hours on a couple of different days dealing with government officials that "are there to help you...."

I would pay several hundred more for sticker....

Rod

Top Bottom