125 or 250 for FMX

Joined
Apr 26, 2007
Messages
45
Likes
0
#1
For FMX, do the pros use 125 or 250 2t's. The 125s are lighter while the 250s have more power, so is it just personal preference?
 
Joined
Mar 12, 2001
Messages
865
Likes
0
#2
250's. You can't tell by the sound? 125's aren't THAT much lighter and have much less power.
 

trial_07

Play with gravity
Joined
Apr 26, 2004
Messages
1,432
Likes
0
#3
They use 250s. They need that snap in the ramp which a 125 can't provide.
 

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
Joined
Mar 16, 2001
Messages
6,452
Likes
0
Location
Charlestown, IN
#4
trial_07 said:
They use 250s. They need that snap in the ramp which a 125 can't provide.
HA! Tell that to Travis...

I've seen 250's, 125's and 4 strokes used. They all have what it takes to launch a ramp. It's the rider that has to provide the required testicular fortitude.
 

trial_07

Play with gravity
Joined
Apr 26, 2004
Messages
1,432
Likes
0
#7
Jaybird said:
HA! Tell that to Travis...

I've seen 250's, 125's and 4 strokes used. They all have what it takes to launch a ramp. It's the rider that has to provide the required testicular fortitude.
Of course, but it is easiest done on a 250. I've seen a couple of freestyle riders on 250Fs. Travis could probably jump with a weed eater, there's really nothing he didn't do on two wheels.
 
Joined
Apr 20, 2006
Messages
86
Likes
0
#8
trial_07 said:
Of course, but it is easiest done on a 250. I've seen a couple of freestyle riders on 250Fs. Travis could probably jump with a weed eater, there's really nothing he didn't do on two wheels.

Or 4 wheels! The guys nuts on anything with wheels!
 
Joined
Apr 26, 2007
Messages
45
Likes
0
#9
So why would you use a 250f if it has around the power of a 125 and is heavier than a 250 2t?