OKIE450R

Oct 24, 2005
I am 6'0" and weigh about 230lbs. I have been riding 4 wheelers since i was 5. I recently bought a 05 Honda TrX450r 4 wheeler. I ride it at the dunes and around the lake. I've been thinking about buying a dirt bike to ride at my friend's track and some of the trails and tracks around my house. I've taken my 4 wheeler but its too big for some of the trails and and i don't want to tear it up. I was wondering what i should go with since i dont' know alot about dirt bikes. I'm very comfortable on my 450r, and would like a crf 450 but i can't afford it. I was wondering if a 250 2 stroke or an older xr 400 4 stroke would feel to small and/or slow for me. I used to ride a sporttrax 400ex fourwheeler and it feels underpowered now after riding my 450. A family friend has a 97 rm 125 for $1000. I was wondering if i should get this and get used to a dirt bike then sell it for a 250 or not waste my time and go straight to the 250 or 400. any help would be greatly appreciated :aj:

OKIE450R

Oct 24, 2005
I will use the bike just to play around on, i wouldn't race it, but i want enough power to jump, and take through trails.

GhostRider32

Feb 10, 2004
Since your just a beginner bike rider but some quad experience then I think a XR400 would be fine. The are almost bulletproof and forgiving. And when you get used to the power, you can put a 440 kit and different cams in it and have a beast.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom