factoryRM

Mar 15, 2003
I currently race 125b and 12-15 but ive been thinking about racing super mini and 85 15-16. Im about 5'9'' I wiegh 125 lbs and I just turned 15. If I do get an 80 I would mod it out with triple clamps, fork and shock revalve, turn it to 105cc and get taller seet foam. Ive riddin 80s a few times and I realy like them. Its just that my dad never gave me a chance to race them but now I realy do. I would like to get some opinions from you guys if this would be a good disision or not.
thanks,

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I recently am in the process of rebuilding an '01 TM 85MX I got it cause I've never raced 80's either and I got it more as training tool to get more agressive with my riding style. I went with the TM cause its very over built for an 85, the bottom end is the same as the 125's so is the frame. It has 43 mm forks vs what japanese bikes have only 36's. The rear shock is also alittle bit more beefy and so is the just about every part on it. I'm 24 so I plan to race it in 125 classes or open 80. I plan to keep it for awhile then bump back up to a 125 in say another year. My main reason for getting it cause it's smaller so I can really practice getting jumping down and its narrow power band requires you to be on the pipe all the time to get any where. It's really up to you if you want to do that if your struggling with a 125 you might want to go that route. I'd suggest test riding one first just to see if thats the route you really want to go. I'd let ya try out my TM but I won't have back together for another month and I'm over here on the wetside of the state. I do find myself occasionally over that way normally I goto a bud's track in royal city. Let me know if your ever interested in trying it out.

Top Bottom