gurt

Feb 25, 2006
I'm sure I'm not the only one who was stuck deciding on whether to go to a 250f or a 250 two stroke, so here are my .02 to hopefully help some people out.

Background:
I'm a 19 year old top 5 ( usually :) ) c rider about 175 lbs with gear and 5'11.

I do mostly track riding with friends who all own 250fs, sometimes play riding in trails and pits.

I'm coming off of a pretty modded yz125 that was a mid and up beast.

The story:
After considering maintenace costs, familiarity with two stroke engines, and the type of riding I do, I decided to go with a 2001 CR250r. I found that riding the 250 like a 125 pays off big time. The powerband is so much broader that hitting jumps is no longer a problem as I can cary the same gear through a corner and right off the jump. The low end makes the bike awesome for just messing around in trails or around the yard. You can be lazy with it, or you can rip on it, either way the bike performs great. The power never seems too much to handle or tire my out. I think some of that has to do with the fact that you just don't have to be so agressive.

250fs are obviously great bikes for racing, but in my opinion, a 250 two stroke is an unbeatable package for all around fun, especially for somebody who has ever fallen in love with a two stroke's power delivery.

red_rider24

May 3, 2009
The only think I have to add to the original post, which i found out the hard way yesterday is the fact that getting the power to the ground is a more difficult on a 2 stroke. Maybe I'm jsut not use to it yet but a guy on a 4 stroke was jumping up hills yesterday in the mud when I could barley get hooked up to make it up. But I cant complain, i love my cr250.

Top Bottom