bambooi

Sep 7, 2003
I don't see 250's in ads saying they were just rebuilt compared to 125s. I'm in search of a bike and I was wondering how often 250s need to be rebuilt? Most of the 125s in the year 95 or 96 have been rebuilt...

Do you guys think I can handle a 250? 5-10 164lbs.
How much more heavy are 250s compared to 125s?

Thanks!

Bet On Red

Aug 11, 2003
125's need to be rebuilt more often because you rev the living daylights out of it to hit get the power. the 250's you dont have to rev as much.. thus shortening the length between rebuilding.

I dont think you would have a problem with a 250 as long as you know how to operate a bike.

if it's your first bike i'd start off on something smaller. I ride streetbikes and used to ride quads when i was younger. Getting on a 125 in the dirt was kind of scary at first (rear end swings around like a fish out of water) but after an hour or so you get used to it. goodluck with everything

<DarreN123>

Jul 21, 2003
about handling the bike....i JUST started riding on a rm125....(had about an hour of riding experience before that) and after 1 day of riding with my friend and his dad up in the mountains i was pretty good....then the very next day, i started doing donuts in the mud and i could go anywhere my buddy could go and hes been riding for a while....(i stalled it quite a few times the first day because that 1 hour of riding experience was on a 4 stroke and i thought there would be a little more low end)

bambooi

Sep 7, 2003
Originally posted by DJL
about handling the bike....i JUST started riding on a rm125....(had about an hour of riding experience before that) and after 1 day of riding with my friend and his dad up in the mountains i was pretty good....then the very next day, i started doing donuts in the mud and i could go anywhere my buddy could go and hes been riding for a while....(i stalled it quite a few times the first day because that 1 hour of riding experience was on a 4 stroke and i thought there would be a little more low end)
Have you ever rode a 2 stroke 250

kx_guy86

Feb 6, 2003
hey i started out on a 125 and now have a 250 s stroke, I'm 5' 11" and 150 pounds and I don't have a problem, so you should be good to go!

bambooi

Sep 7, 2003
Originally posted by kx_guy86
hey i started out on a 125 and now have a 250 s stroke, I'm 5' 11" and 150 pounds and I don't have a problem, so you should be good to go!
did you have any trouble with the transition? How long did you ride the 125?

Top Bottom