duke

Oct 9, 1999
There appears to be a movement afoot in Southern California where a group of riders are to be approaching some of the track owners in the hopes of promoting a true 125 cc class for vet/senior riders. In making known of their intentions, several other riders have made it known that they would support such an endeavor. And why not? The bikes are simple in design and maintenance,and cheap to purchase; A good, clean used 125 can be found for about $2000.00. What a novel idea!

MXFastGuy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 11, 2001
Good idea.

Here in Michigan's D-14, they officially adopted a 2 Stroke class. It's basically 125cc + and 12 yrs old +

They also made the 125 Jr/Schoolboy (12-15) a two stroke ONLY class. They said tracks are of course free to run a local-option 4-stroke Schoolboy class, but the only AMA D-14 recognized class is the 2 stroke one.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
artificial means of propping up the two strokes only confirms the fact that it is dated technology and breathing its last dying breath

MXFastGuy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 11, 2001
Sad but totally true! You know it's wierd to be at the track and people ask me, "Why do you ride a 2 stroke?" I guess the answer is (IMHO for me) they're cheaper and I like the sound!

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
seem to work pretty good the last ten years?

propping up deisel turds with unfair cc advantages. guess we turn the tables back a notch or two?

thats what should be confirmed.

:)

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
XRpredator said:
artificial means of propping up the two strokes only confirms the fact that it is dated technology and breathing its last dying breath

If its so dated why won't they let 450cc( or even 300cc for that matter) two stokes line up with the four stokes. Oh I remember, its because a 250 two stoke is all a non-dated 450 four stoke can handle :p ;)

JustinC

Apr 5, 2005
I think two stroke only classes sound like a great idea, not only at an amateur level, but also at the AMA pro national events too. I would like to see a 125 only class at the pro national events since the 250f class is really not a developmental class for young talent anymore.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
The thread over at Proride was an attempt to organize a 125 class for "old guys". More than a few of us have tossed this idea around, but I don't think there would be enough entrants for this class on a regular basis and, even if there were, I'm sure a few riders would try and sneak in a 144 or 167.

Maybe they could have a once a year "125 nationals" race, with skill levels, age groups etc. You might have enough riders (in SoCal) if it was a once a year type of thing...

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
for what it's worth, I believe White Brothers is holding a 2-Stroke World Championships now, a la the old 4-Stroke World Championships.

duke

Oct 9, 1999
Funny how trendss can go full circle. Back in the eighties, many local MX and off road promoters offered a four stroke class in order to provide the less competetive thumper riders a seperate class in which to compete. The adoption of a seperate 2 stroke class would be easily adaptable to most any local race schedule. How these classes are structured would vary in accordance to reginal tastes and needs

Top Bottom