keefbikes

Apr 16, 2007
Can you tell me a link count for this ratio, I would count my old one but it got lost in the woods. Should I go with a O ring or NON O ring?

jason33

Oct 21, 2006
bikes differ- swingers are adjustable,different length swingarms ect...
what bike?
just get a 120 link chain -( grind a link plate off )--( easy),and take out the links you dont need- (or buy a chain breaker)

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
O-rings typically last a lot longer, but a non-O-ring chain can have a greater tensile strength. There is more, but I don't want to start a debate on accuracy today, maybe tomorrow.

Take a look at this chart, and compare the numbers of similarly sized chains to help you decide what is best for you:
http://www.didchain.com/specs.htm

joey26

Apr 16, 2002
i always just buy the longest chain i can so that i have nothing to risk. you can always cut it shorter. its better then buying too short of a chain and then having to send it back and get another.

mxdj666

Apr 1, 2007
go to the bike shop and take a look in the back of the Parts Unlimited catalog it will tell you your stock gearing and how many links the chain is and if you want a higher or lower sprocket just look at what it says in the book and add or subtract the no. of links from the chain

keefbikes

Apr 16, 2007
Im at 14/50 sprocket. I found a site that told me what the stock chain count is but I cant remember where. It was either 118 or 116.

Top Bottom