14 Tooth countershaft sprockt on 03 RM250

d.u.g.

May 23, 2003
I read to my surprise That Team Suzuki off-road uses 14/48 or 14/49 gearing on their RM250's. I thught I'd try it.too.
The stock 13 tooth is a really tight fit,and mounting it up was a major squeeze play.Where the 13 tooth had grooves in the swing arm protector made a little ridge that was tough to get around.Being as tight as it is,The 14 tooth is really cutting into the protector,enough so that the rear wheel is pretty stiff to turn by hand.
Will this be okay,riding the bike eliminatig this little
bind?I just don't want to find out Team Suzuki gid this or that after I saw my swingarm in half.
The bike has abiut two hours on it,I really appreciate any feedback.Thanks,Doug

kbob

Nov 27, 2001
I wouldnt ride it like that something isnt right the wheel should turn free. The sprocket shouldnt rub on the buffer you might break the buffer or wear it out, if that buffer isnt there you could wear a hole in the swingarm from the chain rubbing.

RM250'er

~SPONSOR~
May 25, 2001
I switched my gearing as soon as I bought my bike (14/52)... You have to modify the guard... I took it apart and grinded a groove in the rubber with a grinder... No problems.

d.u.g.

May 23, 2003
Hey,
Thanks a lot man.That's just what I wanted to know.It looked like it would be okay,but I just wanted to check.Thanks again!Doug

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…