mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
I am looking at buying a high comp race piston for my crf150r.
Pro Circuit has one at a cost of 249.99. Wiseco has one for a cost of 114.00. My question is, are there a reason to spend the extra 135.00 bucks for the pc piston? I always thought wiseco makes good pistons so why the gaint difference in cost? I'm thinking they are both suppose to yeild around 12.2 or 12.5 compression ratio.Any insight would be appreciated.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
There is a good chance the PC piston is made by Wiseco. They were in the past.

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
Well that settle's that! Although PC was advertising their's a couple months before wiseco came out with their's not sure how that works. I'm going wiseco.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
mideastrider said:
Well that settle's that! Although PC was advertising their's a couple months before wiseco came out with their's not sure how that works. I'm going wiseco.

Wiseco will custom build anything if you buy enough pistons. JE does the same.

That's how we got high compression big bore 250F pistons before it was an official catalog part from Wiseco. We had JE build them to our specs.

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
so the pro circuit piston could be very diferent from the wiseco? just made by the same factory....

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
helio lucas said:
so the pro circuit piston could be very diferent from the wiseco? just made by the same factory....

That is certainly possible, but in the past their Team engine pistons made by Wiseco were very similar to the pistons Wiseco was selling as a standard catalog item. There certainly wasn't enough difference to justify a huge increase in the cost.

Top Bottom