16+bike=loser?

Im 16 and am getting a new bike...All my friends think im crazy because im not getting a car instead. I need some reason to justify me getting a bike instead of a car....anyone?

MX265

Sponsoring Member
Cars are work. Bikes are fun. Not to mention, borrow your parents car as a long as you can. My parents used to flip the gas bill most of the time and also used to pay for the insurance. Any time it broke, they usually covered that as well. All that (most of that) changed when I got my first car at 18. ;)

Originally posted by Eleven
simply tell them......"You don't Ride."
That says it all. Explaining the joys of roosting your riding buddy to someone that does not ride dirt bikes is a waste of time, they will never understand.

Old CR goat

Sponsoring Member
ummmmmm, It's my money, that's what I want. feel free to buy me a car if it means that much to you!

Its just so hard when everyone around me is telling me I should get a car and I dont really know. I love riding and everything but all this peer presure :) I wish I was never introduced into dirtbiking...its just way to much fun to let go :confused:

A car:scream: :think . Why the hell would you consider buying a car.You forget about a truck to get you and your bike around. I'm 16 too and i got an old beater dodge>at least it goes good:p , and i got my bike. If i have my bike in the back of my truck all the time then people know where my money goes. If I didn't own a bike i could have a half decent truck:think . Not going to happen.:)

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Hell, I don't care what my friends say. But I'm getting a car, truck to be more specific, on my 16th birthday. Actually I'm getting my dad's 94 Chevy S-10, and he's getting a 00 Camaro Z28, so it really works out for the both of us. I can't wait till I turn 16 and can drive (74 days and counting...), but everybody is different. Some of my friends can't wait to drive and some couldn't care less. Personally, I want the freedom of being able to drive and go do things when I want. Plus I don't have to pay for my car either because my parents want me to drive as much as I do.

Bottom line: Do what makes you happy. It's your life.

Yea, Peer pressure sucks, I know what you mean.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
To hell, er, heck with a car, getcherself a rig! I'm talkin' a pickup, my man! Then you can haul your bike!:cool:

I've never personally owned a car (at least not as my primary vehicle). It's always been a pickup for me. Chicks dig 'em. ;)

You should be able to pick up some beater Toyota or something for cheap.

Last year I ahd the money to spend on either a bike or a pickup, I took the bike. Granted my pickup is pretty nice (92 Toyota 4x4) and my bike at the time was also (98 XR 250), but I had to believe that I'd have more fun with the bike than the truck. I'm pretty sure I made the right decision. Now over a year later I have my Toyota paid off and may be back in the truck market, if only I wasn't going to college;)

You have to think , How much friggen fun can you have in a car? I just used my parents car, it's pretty simple actually, All my friends would be working there butts off, just to pay off gas, insurance, repairs etc... Now I had no debt (well a little with the bike) and I have the time of my life!!!! All my friends still think I am nuts for buying an 01 cr and some of my friends that ride think I am a rocket scientist! there is plently of time to drive a car, but for me riding with 3 or4 buddies side by side 5th gear W.O across a nice green field with sun coming down(you know when the whole ground glows!) and just looking over and smiling at your bro's is more than enough for me! Can you do that in a car? Getting up early and busting the berms at the track, meeting all the great people, friendships!!!!
all the friendships I make in my truck are will officer bob!! And he's only my friend because I supply the cop shop all there donut funds!!! lol! *tickets* trust me there is PLENTY of time to make payments blah, blah, blah and use a car. When you actually need a car, borrow your parents! Get a car if you need to go to collage or something! I didn't get a car till I was 21!!!! So the way I figure it,if you work just summers, you could have alot of money for a car when your 21!!!

:D :D :D :D

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
Besides the only one that can hit a double in a car is Farmer John,so unless you plan on buying a Geo Metro... get the bike