Divouneh

Divouneh
Apr 10, 2020
Princeton
Hello
New in this forum, you can see the bike I bought one and half years ago. Bike was running but needed to be rebuilt (rust everywhere, including in the air inlet box _rnt_). The first challenge was to find the spare parts: piston, rollers, gaskets....
The first fire would be in the next two weeks_nose_....

IMG_6823.JPG

IMG_8451.JPG

Divouneh

Divouneh
Apr 10, 2020
Princeton
First start last Sunday : April 26th. Few minutes, I have an electrical issue (Bulb burned).
I am waiting some spare parts to solve the problem. The clutch seems hard, however I need to
really ride the bike for a better analyse. I succeed to test the 5 gears in my stand...
IMG_8646.JPG

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
The old farm house we rented when we first got married had an old "Wood Shed". This was where I worked on my bikes at the time as we did not have a usable garage. 3 steps up to get into it. I was much younger then and could muscle it in. Easier coming out.

Divouneh

Divouneh
Apr 10, 2020
Princeton
320 miles and still not arrived at the red zone (8000rpm). So cool but the front brake needs improvement...
I would like to keep the drum brake: any advices or experiences ?
IMG_8727 (1).JPG

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
What is the front brake doing or not doing.......?

Divouneh

Divouneh
Apr 10, 2020
Princeton
Some news:
I have cleaned my drum with a brake cleaner and installed news Vesrah brake shoes.
The first tests show a great improvement, with more miles the results will be better: _YWN__LUV__ANGRY_.
Success for such technologie, with cleaning and grinding the old one could be used later on.

Divouneh

Divouneh
Apr 10, 2020
Princeton
I realize I miss lot of power for a 175cc, 55 mph is too low._rnt_
First test without air filter: no change.
I am going to look the timing, and after the carburetor...=)
Compression test needs equipment I don't have but will be necessary too._want_

Divouneh

Divouneh
Apr 10, 2020
Princeton
I am waiting tools to set the timing (timing light and puller) , it's the setting when I opened the engine...
The manual says 5 degree offset...

Timing.JPG

Top Bottom