samcl127

Aug 31, 2007
Hi...I'm looking for a little advice on what size bike to get...any help would be appreciated! =)

1) your physical size (both height and weight are important) 5'6" 112lbs
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? maybe 7/10?
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? mostly trails in woods (packed dirt large enough for cars)
4) Do you have any riding experience? yes, but not for a few years now
5) Do you think you will race ? probably not
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? I could probably get help on some things, but I wouldn't be able to do much work my own.
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? 4 stroke preferably
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? kawasaki and honda dealers close by
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? around $1500. I'm a college student so I don't have too much $$ to spare though...
10) Do you live in California? no
11) Your age? 18

Thanks in advance!

NM_KDX200

Dec 29, 2002
KDX200 or 220. I'm 5' 6" and fit pretty well on one. Very versatile bike. I sold my '96 for $1400 last year and it had a new top end, bark busters, new chain/sprocket, FMF pipe and silencer, reworked suspension, Pro Taper bars, skid plate, 2 Twin Air filters, etc. Well within your budget.

Thumper96

Sep 3, 2005
I woulld also have to suggest a KDX won't have alot of maintnence and they don't have a hard hitting power band and they're lighter then most of the 4T

Sahinoz

Sep 2, 2007
Maybe a KX125 is what you need, only 85kgs and 40hp @ 11500rpm.

But I dont know the prices, sorry if its expansive for you. If so, then KDX is a good option I think..

MagnaTrey

I'm Motorcycle colorblind
Jun 19, 2007
Hi Sam,

I think that at your age, weight gender combination, that the overall weight and height is going to be more of a critical factor for you, especially if you are going to be riding a lot of trails and woods with friends and family.

With Honda or Yamaha's being the preferred makes at that price point, I would look at a 2000 and up xr100, or an 2004 crf100 and up. If you can throw a leg over a TTR-125, that might be another viable option for you. The tough part is when you are looking for a used four stroke, it's easy to pay a lot for a clapped out rat that will need your attention (read moolah) fairly quickly. $1500.00 trail bike for your size, etc. I would look at a couple of these options.

The only thing that is throwing my recommendation for you is that your aggressiveness seems to be pretty high "7/10", but I think that if you do pick up one of these machines, they hold their value very well. So, when you graduate collage, and start making the big bucks, you can re-evaluate your new bike choice.

Good Luck - :cool:
Trey

Top Bottom