motojunkie

Apr 25, 2001
Yes, I have a 2001 520SX, and I added the Oberg Sports 18MM offset triple clamps, and they greatly improve cornering. They tend to induce a little headshake, which can be cured by moving the rear wheel back a little - I added 2 links to the chain, and at the same time added a 2 tooth larger sprocket. Also, you'll may need to make some fork adjustments, mine felt a little stiff after the change, I took out 2 clicks of compression, and it feels much better. Check out www.obergsports.com they don't list the 18MM offset on the web site, but they have them.

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
i have a set i'll sell, a scott's, with the upper mount for the damper & oversized bars, & with brackets to mount handguards to the upper clamp. e-mail me if interested.

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
hey schlava, good to hear from you, buddy! btw, i like that p/c pipe well enough that i ordered a s/a for it so i can use it in enduros.

i couldn't remember what i paid for the thing so i just called scott's, they said the clamp set for oversized bars, with the top bar mount set up for the damper, in 18mm offset, is $349 + shipping. i paid about $50 for the bar mounts, incl. longer bolts, from kevin's cycle, + shipping. i used this setup for a couple of months. i'll take $325, i'll ship & insure ups ground.

Top Bottom