mafhuntfish

Jun 20, 2009
Hi all - I need to know what years throttle cable will work with a 1969 TS 250? I've looked at the parts diagram for it & in '69 & '70 they show an exploded view of the cable where you can buy individual parts and in '71 & up the cable is all one piece & one #. The one I need is a split cable going to the carb and the oil pump. Thanks in advance to all who reply.....

Side note: I've had this bike for a couple of months & just started to mess with it yesterday - within 1/2 hour I got it to fire!! Now it's time to find some parts.......

Mad Norris

May 1, 2009
Hi,
I'm currently restoring a 1972 TS250, and it has the same split cable for carb/oil-pump that you're looking for. I'm pretty sure all TS250s used a split cable, but the dimensions may have changed slightly with later models.

mafhuntfish

Jun 20, 2009
I have a split cable, but it's missing the part that goes to the oil pump. I couldn't get the oil pump to work and I can't find a working one used. I removed the oil pump lines (good shape) and ran a line from the tank to the left main crank bearing port and let it gravity feed to the bearing. I then mixed 16:1 for the gas tank. It seems to work good and I actually rode it today around the driveway for the first time. It needs a lot of work, but at least it runs!!

Check it out - YouTube & search " mafhuntfish "

Mad Norris

May 1, 2009
Good job! It's definitely getting plenty of oil :). You could probably get an oil cable from a different make/model to fit, with some adjustment. All the Yamaha/Kawi 2 strokes used similar split cables in the 70s.

I have mine running ok now, but I'm pretty sure the righthand crank seal is blown :(. Ah well, I get to split the crankcase now :)

Here's my test run:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoKFUoa1-jU

Top Bottom