gbrian

Oct 23, 2009
hey, just got this bike and wanting to get its life going since it only has 2200 miles and having some trouble...
i had just got it and after about 10 miles sure enough choked up and died so cleaned the carb, fuel filter, changed fuel lines and she was running great! then 40 more miles and starts idling weirdly and dying...

So now she starts up nicely ONLY with the choke/starter lever down and as soon as its released will die. It is possible to rev repeatedly but it responds slow and will grumble deeply like its not getting enough fuel and dies. It is worse at low RPM, but will not hold at any level, the engine dies without constant revving.
Ive cleaned the carb many times, removed everything but the choke/starter assembly, checked the jets, replaced the O ring, fuel lines and air filter are good... carb is leaking a miniscule amount of fuel, but has been before too.
any help would be great! thanks

gbrian

Oct 23, 2009
thanks, but ive disassembled the fuel lines and fuel flows freely out from the tank so the petcock, lines, and filter must be ok.
the strange part to me is that the bike runs *pretty* well with the starter/choke engaged (it will idle and not die) but still bogs down when throttled. yes it seems like a fuel problem... i guess ill go through the carb again today. any chance it could be the condenser?

gbrian

Oct 23, 2009
YES!!! cleaned carb again and realized i hadnt taken the pilot jet out... its hidden inside a tube and now that it is clean i m running again!

Top Bottom