1974 Suzuki TM250L questions

Hey, I have a old Suzuki TM250L that i don't know a whole lot about and hasn't fired up since being in my hands. I really want to fix it up and all that but first thing is I really want to do is make sure it runs. And my main question is what kind of oil does this bike need I believe it is a stock TM250 with a 2 stroke 246cc engine (rough shape) and I don't have a clue what oil it needs. SO I think you would be the bunch to ask.

dont even waste your time, get a manual and tear it down and replace all that needs to be replaced so it will run reguardless.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
20:1 for fuel and 20w40 in the trans.
Didn't those bikes have an oil injection system?

:coocoo:

It is very possible someone ditched the injection system. My MX250's pump was gone by the time I aquired it.

Modern oil @ 32:1 works pretty well in these old bikes. I've been using yamalube R @ 32:1 in both my MX250 and RM400 without any problems. It's also easy to find and the price is right too.

It does have about 2 tubes running from the oil tank to the cylinder could this be part of the injection system?

There is a tube running from back near the sprocket to the middle of the cylinder and another running from the bottom of the cylinder near the sprocket.

Pic:

On the other side there is a oil tank that is under the number plate.
I have this same bike. I use Red Line oil for the injector. I took off the top hose to the intake and run 32:1 in the tank. The bike runs strong.

So any 2 stroke oil should work just fine if I am lucky and the tubes don't have leakes or cracks? I don't really feel like taking the injection off if I don't need to, By the way would anyone happen to know where I can find a kick starter for this so I can get rid of my jerry rigged one :D

Well I did an oil change today, and drained the gas out of the tank and engine, refilled it. Now it is a matter of getting a kick lever for it cause my jerry rigged one kinda bent.