nazereth666

Oct 13, 2007
Kinda wishing I would have had his number in the first place, I lost it way back in my inbox. Thank you all for your help I learned what I needed.

Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
nazereth666 said:
I called up the previous owner I was told that the bike was converted to run premix, and was ran that way for 3 years. He said the bike runs fine and has been for 3 years without problems so I will run it premix till I can find a way to get it back to oil injecton.

Seriously, it doesn't look like it was converted for pre-mix. We would remove the oil pump, and fabricate a plate to cover the hole. Remove the banjo fittings, and plug the hole in the case and cylinder. Remove the extra cable for the oil pump, and remove the oil line to the tank ( The rubber hose hung on the airbox on your bike ), and do the case mods for lubing the bearing. I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

Still sounds like an oil tank is easier. :nod:

Rotor

nazereth666

Oct 13, 2007
The guy I bought it from is a bike genious, Not that I don't take your advice. I trust both you and him but he has told me all the proper modifications to run the bike premix have been made. And if it has ran 3 rough years and hasn't broke down yet then he did something right. All I need now is a kick lever and it is a run-worthy bike. I had an old friend check it out and he has also told me it is ready to run premix, only problem is the trans on the bike is starting to get worn but has a good 3 years of use left before it will start going bad. When the time comes if I still own the bike I will change it. If I don't sell the bike I will eventually restore it, thing is I am only 16 years of age at the moment. So it is not REALLY easy to get the kind of income I would like.

Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
Well...the only way to know for sure would be to pull the head and jug, and look at the transfer port in the left case. If it's got a hole in the case in the botom of the port, it's been modded. :nod: If not, it hasn't. :whoa:

Rotor

nazereth666

Oct 13, 2007
I'll take his word for it, I have had someone with more than 20 years of automotive experience tell me the deal. He explained that all the internal parts are able to receive the proper lubrication.

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
If this were a car, I might agree with you. Just ride the thing until it craters on you. And even if it has been modified for internal oil to the bearing, the thing is eventually going to crater. They all eventually crater, requiring you to take the engine apart. And no one can give an accurate life expectancy on a transmission. I wouldn't be surprised if it lasted 10 years and I wouldn't be surprised if it lasted 10 minutes. Get a starter and ride.

Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
nazereth666 said:
I'll take his word for it, I have had someone with more than 20 years of automotive experience tell me the deal. He explained that all the internal parts are able to receive the proper lubrication.

OK...... :cool:

I wonder why we did all that back then? :bang:

I hope your scoot does well for ya. :ride:

Good looking old bike. :cool:

Rotor
45+ years car and bike experience
Mazda Factory trained Master tech
ASE certified tech
Trained Bultaco tech
Trained Suzuki tech
Trained Hodaka tech
30+ years race car builder
Former multiple time regional and divisional SCCA Champion
Former local stock car champion
Former AMA district 18 racer
Former AMA district 18 track official
NRA certified Safe Hunter

There's more, but I'm tired of typing. :nod:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I believe he is saying that it is no big deal yanking the top end off to verify that the hole is there. Back in the day the hole was not drilled, they seemingly ran fine, BUT! Rotor, no factory training in sachs transmissions?

Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Rotor, no factory training in sachs transmissions?

Nope...but plenty of "hands on" experience.

My cousin raced a DKW 125, and I got volunteered to keep it going while my uncle wrenched for the Bul National guys, (Poovey, McLure, Rush, Brow). ;)

I could actually get the dang thing to shift! :rotfl:

Rotor

THill

Oct 24, 2007
Hey I got to agree with RotoRanch..
Back in the 70's drilling the hole to the bearing was the only way " thats what i was told back then " to safely remove the oiler system to run premix...
My friend raced a 400 TM and i remember his dad hated not being able to remove the oiler..

nazereth666

Oct 13, 2007
Ok well after hours of thinking it out I have decided to sell the bike, But I have some questions... I am wondering really how much the bike can sell for in it's current condition. I am doing local pickup only so no shipping.

nazereth666

Oct 13, 2007
I don't plan to restore it, It will cost more money than I really have to spare right now, I got it running and drove it around. It is fun but I don't expect it to last long.

nazereth666

Oct 13, 2007
Ok the bike is being sent to a good home to be restored and taken care of. It sold for $400.

I plan in the future when i have more money to buy another bike.

Top Bottom