nazereth666

Oct 13, 2007
Hey, I have a old Suzuki TM250L that i don't know a whole lot about and hasn't fired up since being in my hands. I really want to fix it up and all that but first thing is I really want to do is make sure it runs. And my main question is what kind of oil does this bike need I believe it is a stock TM250 with a 2 stroke 246cc engine (rough shape) and I don't have a clue what oil it needs. SO I think you would be the bunch to ask.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
20:1 for fuel and 20w40 in the trans.

Didn't those bikes have an oil injection system?

:coocoo:

docgonzo

Feb 27, 2006
It is very possible someone ditched the injection system. My MX250's pump was gone by the time I aquired it.

Modern oil @ 32:1 works pretty well in these old bikes. I've been using yamalube R @ 32:1 in both my MX250 and RM400 without any problems. It's also easy to find and the price is right too.

nazereth666

Oct 13, 2007
There is a tube running from back near the sprocket to the middle of the cylinder and another running from the bottom of the cylinder near the sprocket.

Pic:
dirty.jpg

RS250

Mar 7, 2007
On the other side there is a oil tank that is under the number plate.
I have this same bike. I use Red Line oil for the injector. I took off the top hose to the intake and run 32:1 in the tank. The bike runs strong.

nazereth666

Oct 13, 2007
So any 2 stroke oil should work just fine if I am lucky and the tubes don't have leakes or cracks? I don't really feel like taking the injection off if I don't need to, By the way would anyone happen to know where I can find a kick starter for this so I can get rid of my jerry rigged one :D

nazereth666

Oct 13, 2007
Well I did an oil change today, and drained the gas out of the tank and engine, refilled it. Now it is a matter of getting a kick lever for it cause my jerry rigged one kinda bent.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I do remember a guy, with that bike. Push started, stood up on a wheelie, went about 300 feet, across a street, up a driveway, through a garage door and stopped with the wheel hanging out some guys back wall! The slide was backwards, throttle stuck WFO, years later the guy started Service Honda!

nazereth666

Oct 13, 2007
Yeah, I have never driven any dirt bike over 107cc so I don't wanna test it till I know if it is safe. I know the throttle is closed cause I checked the carb. My main worry is a bent gear shaft, having the bike jump into gear. I might disconnect the chain so I don't have a problem, The bike was badly abused by the previous owner so you never know. I might think about selling it later on since I am not too interested in restoring it.

nazereth666

Oct 13, 2007
Ok, well I tried to start it today without much luck it didn't fire up but I didn't try a whole lot I got too nervous, I will update on progress tommorow.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I have a couple of old TS 250's. I'll check to see if I have two kick start levers. Should be close enough.

nazereth666

Oct 13, 2007
OK UPDATE! The bike fired up this morning, It starts up but doesn't like to run longer than 2 seconds, But boy it sounds great. Any suggestions on how to keep it running? yanking the throttle doesn't seem to do much.

Top Bottom