Nov 28, 2006
Hey guys,
I just bought a 1975 XL250, beautiful beast but the previous owner removed the turn signals and redid some wiring to make way for some huge aftermarket headlights :bang:

So i took those off but now I'm trying to figure out how to put some turn signals on. There's no switch on the handlebar, no wiring in the right places, no nothin'. What do I need to do to get some working signals on this baby? I was looking at some kits online but it seems everything for sale consists of just the actual lights. I need EVERYTHING... the lights, the relay, the handlebar switch, the wiring... the whole shabang.

Anyone ever done this? How do I do this?

If worst comes to worst I'm honestly considering rigging up something of my own with a separate battery pack and a homemade switch and everything. I don't want a huge headache here.. I just need working signals.

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Look it up on parts microfiche to see what was originally on it. Then, cruise FBay for a few weeks and I'll bet you can find factory parts to restore it. If I remember right, turn signal switch was on front brake perch.

Top Bottom