May 22, 2007
Hi guys...new here and was wondering if anybody knows where I can get a Source Coil for my bike (1975 Yamaha DT175)? Part number 443-81312-10-00. Tried a local bike shop and they told me Yamaha discountinued the part. If anybody has a working used one they want to sell let me know. Would I be able to get it rebuilt anywhere? Rewound? Thanks!

May 22, 2007
Thanks...I just emailed them. Just noticed you have a DT as well. Ever have the source coil fail on you? I am at my wits end with this bike....no spark. I testing everything I can think of.....if the manual is correct the source coil is the problem. Thanks again

Jan 3, 2007
Fabricator1977, yes i do have a DT. Mine is a 79 like you have already noticed. Right now i do not know if it has failed one or will because it is in pices and i bought it like that for $40. It has all of the parts but needs a rebuild wich will be my winter project.

May 22, 2007
Hey 2 Strokes....bikeboneyard may have that part for me. Thanks a lot for your help....been a hassle trying to find that part. Hope you get your DT up and running. Mine has been a 6 year project...lol. I am finally putting all my focus into getting her running this summer. I hope this coil is the missing link. Thanks again!

Top Bottom