1977 Xr 75

PimpSLAYER

Oct 27, 2002
Now, I am sure that a few people out there might have or had this wonderful Honda... Please post a story about it if you want, but I have 2 minor questions if you all don't mind... 1.) what is the reccomended type of oil and how much? 2.) @ high RPM there is popping, do you think that points might need replaced or cleaned/ filed? Other then that, I am just getting the bike ready to teach some youngsters how to ride, some times I find myself hogging the little XR too much, haha... Thanks everyone!

maco

Apr 16, 2003
I've heard that popping is a sign of to lean a fuel mixture.Check your plug color at idle then half throttle and finally full throttle maybe up an incline and kill it without letting off on the throttle to get an accurate plug reading.Of course you need to eliminate the basics like some sort of air leak at the intake boot,clogged carb vent hoses.Does it pop on deceleration?Another lean condition.I use Honda 20 50 and change it every third ride or 6 to 8 hours.Let us know if yu solve the popping.Not sure about the points,but there cheap,justa a pain to set.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…