roostafish

Jul 14, 2000
I have a '79 Bultaco Pursang 370. It has plastic fenders, side panels, and gas tank. It seems that this may be a rare bike, because the plastic tank and number plates are unobtainable. Anyone have any ideas on finding a plastic gas tank for this bike? I was put in touch with Mobleys Bultaco in NV, but they couldn't help me.

roostafish

Jul 14, 2000
I contacted Hughes via e-mail. They have replacements for the fenders, and they have the sidepanels in fiberglass, but not plastic. He said they didn't have anything for the tank.

Bultaco206

Aug 19, 2003
What model Pursang is it? Is it a Model 207 or Model 220? Buls weren't sold by the 'year' and both of those models were available in '79. The M207 will have fiberglass sidepanels and a 'glass tank. The M214/215 Frontera sidepanels are the same and somewhat easier to find. The M220 will have plastic/poly sidepanels and tank. Both are made of 'unobtanium' as there weren't many of those models that made it over here. Neither Hugh's, Lynn, or Hogan's will probably have anything.

I have a set or two of sidepanels that, if I can find both, I may consider selling if they are in good condition. I may even have a few tanks of that era, too.

Let me know.

roostafish

Jul 14, 2000
It is a model 207, but to look at it you would say that it's a 220. It has all the plastic, no fiberglass parts. One interesting thing is that it looks as if the factory may have modified this bike for the plastic tank. You can see where the tank mount stud was taken off, and the other tank mount added, but the paint on the frame was not patched, and the frame decals were in tact, so I must assume it came that way from Spain. It has a Mikuni carburator that the the guy I got it from said came on the bike right off the showroom. It also has S&W stroker shocks on it. The bike has had very little use. The previous owner said that he looped it out one day, broke the back fender off, then parked it. There it sat for 20 years or so in his back yard.

Top Bottom