Trip80

Jun 13, 2010
Im new to the forum, site looks great.

A good friend of mine gave me his 1980 YZ250, site bike has been sitting for 2 years, ran great when he parked it.

It of course does need some work

IE:
Throttle Cable
Shift Lever
The rear brake is maxed out

I have question, is there a company, that supplies disc brake conversions. Or is this even possible

Does anyone know a site that would sell plastic kits (fenders, tank)

Thanks a ton

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
see what size forks you have. Probably 38mm or 41mm that year. Find a later model bike with same diameter forks and disk brakes. Make sure length is similar or it will hurt your handling. If axle size on new forks is different than what you now have, you may have to use wheel from the bike you are getting forks from. And you may have to find/fabricate different wheel spacers if distance between forks on your current triple clamp is different than the donor bike. It can be a pretty involved affair. Personally, I'd just leave it as is and enjoy it for what it is: a decent vintage MX bike (that someone who collects vintage bikes may be interested in buying and letting you get a newer model with disk brake).

YZ__rider

Jan 16, 2010
I have a question for you...why would you want to spend a large amount of money swapping out the front end of a bike that is worth nothing? No offense, but that is a $600-$700 bike on Craigslist in good condition. You are going to end up with a $600 bike when you are done spending hundreds. Some vintage buyers might even find it less appealing because it is not original. Dont waste your money....if you can get it running with a throttle cable, shift lever, and brake pads..I say go for it. However, if you want a later model bike with disc brakes, water cooled, etc..go buy one on Craigslist.

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
miarer or dc plastics can hook u up with plastics.

fix her up and vintage race it cool bikes but if I were going old I'd like an old rm 78-79 with dual rear shocks.

csdwarf

Apr 19, 2010
www.babbittsonline.com

That have diagrams of like everybike and every partnumber, Find the partnumber, Look at the price if you dont like it

www.servicehonda.com and type in the part number, ive seen it up to 80$ cheaper by just opening a new tab

Also checkout Dennis Kirk, they have some stuff,what they do have is normally really cheap!

Hope it works out

Top Bottom