1981 Ct110

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
A friend of mine just bought a CT110 for his daughter. He is having problems keeping it running. This is what he told me of the details
-will fire sometimes but not everytime
-runs for just a few seconds and then dies
-spark seems kind of weak

He also told me the bike is getting fuel just fine. The carb has been recently cleaned and has a new air filter. Anyone have other things we can be looking for? Any help is appreciated

riche

Oct 13, 2002
Tell him to check all the connections. The pull-apart.quick dis-connect connections get crudy and loose over time, make sure they are clean and tight. Also check the petcock at the gas tank. I ran into those being half plugged up also. Maybe the wire from the coil to the plug has broken down over the years,the outside may look fine but the inside will show dis-coloration . I ran into these problems on my 78 Yami GT 80 for my daughter which I let sit for way too many years. Hope that helps him out. Good luck. Rich

bruce j

Dec 14, 2001
Make sure the coil ground wire especially, where it attaches to the frame, isn't corroded or dirty. Bruce

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…