roscoe73

Jul 16, 2009
OK so i got my old rm125 together and running but have a few questions since i'm new to dirt bikes.
1. clutch seems to drag. i've read that they do tend to do that cold. i'm running 20w50 in it, book calls for 20w40. would switching to a lighter oil make it roll a little better in gear? right now i can have it in gear, grab the clutch and spin the motor. clutch is new and adjusted properly.

2. this is my main question. i know some mx bikes are'nt supposed to idle much if at all. mine doesnt either. carb is clean, air screw is set right but as soon as i let go of the throttle it dies. is that normal?

thanks for the help, i'm sure i'll be back with more questions for my other projects, which are:

1976 rm250
1979 kd125
1981 yz125

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Any bike with an air screw and idle screw should be able to idle long enough to put your helmet on. If it won't look for a mechanical problem.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Idle long enough to put your goggles on Joe. Put the skid lid on first, then gloves, fire it up, and put your goggles on when you get the 15 second card. Thats the 2 stroke idle story, we gotta stick with it? Otherwise, chaos.

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Idle long enough to put your goggles on Joe. Put the skid lid on first, then gloves, fire it up, and put your goggles on when you get the 15 second card. Thats the 2 stroke idle story, we gotta stick with it? Otherwise, chaos.

lmao! I like that :cool:

Top Bottom