doug howell

Aug 26, 2007
I had this same bike about 10 years ago and just couldn't pass on it when I saw it for sale.

I spent the last two weeks on this ol' Classic. I picked her up locally with a fresh top end new breaks. The bike was really complete...runs out strong and fires up on the first kick everytime. About 90% of the work I did was cosmetic.

What do ya think?

cl007.jpg

cl015.jpg

cl005.jpg

cl002.jpg

doug howell

Aug 26, 2007
Everything is for sale...rode it all day today. No issues at all, she handles great on the trails and pretty much tied my buddy on his WR250f in multiple drags.

doug howell

Aug 26, 2007
TRexRacing said:
I love doing that on a vintage bike.Makes me smile.

true...today was a good day. Finally getting this ol' vintage bike dirty and having it perform as well as the new four strokes was sweet.

doug howell

Aug 26, 2007
ccs said:
Awesome! Great looking bike.
What exactly did you do in that 90%?

Cleaned and degreased entire bike

replaced tons of nut and bolts with new stainless + lock tite

painted side plates

detailed carb and mono cross

new bulbs...front and rear

painted engin and frame

cleaned front and rear sprockets

detailed front and rear rims and hubs

new chain guard

new fork boots

new hand guards

new decals

new plug

new uni filter

I have a total of about $850.00 in this bike. (plus about 50 hours in elbow grease)

I am very happy with the result as I am a sucker for the vintage bikes.

I need to thank my friend Mike who fell in love with this bike and helped with every aspect of the restore. He didn't charge me a dime for his efforts and all of the work was done at his shop.

I am thinking of trying to talk him into doing more of these projects in the future.Maybe the next one will be for him :nod:

This is my second mild restore...I think there is a pic of the 85 XR 250 r from last year in my gallery.

digifox

May 25, 2006
Ha! Sweet Bike man!

If i had a Trailer i would have my 1980 IT175 in Evansville,IN June6th-12th

digifox

May 25, 2006
doug howell said:
Whats going on in E-ville?

Nothing...lol im going to spend the week at grandmas and my cousin has quads so i figured i would Drag my bike along for some fun :cool:

IT490K

Apr 27, 2009
It175

Doug,

The bike looks to be a 1982 model IT175J (round headlight globe). The 1983 model IT175K had a rectangular headlight globe. The bike looks very good my friend - nice job on the restore.

Nice job on the bike!

IT490K

Last edited:

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
doug howell said:
I need to thank my friend Mike who fell in love with this bike and helped with every aspect of the restore. He didn't charge me a dime for his efforts and all of the work was done at his shop.
nice to know there are some people that still do this for love :cool:
that bike looks so clean that i would not take it for a ride :nod:

IT490K

Apr 27, 2009
There are plenty of 'good' people out there willing to help each other. It's all about sharing a common interest.

It doesn't matter how 'clean' the bike turns out you gotta take it out and wring it's neck, especially after all of your hard efforts! :ride:

doug howell

Aug 26, 2007
I have decided to sell my baby... against my better judgement. :coocoo: The thrill for me is in the restoration. Don't get me wrong, I love this bike. It fires up on the first kick and handles like a dream. But I think it's time to sell her and pick up a mid 80's CR125 and bring it back to life :nod:

I'll post it for sale here first...In hopes that one of our members ends up with this classic IT175.

Top Bottom