1984 HONDA CR 125 R (bogging down)

cgator

May 24, 2007
i recently purchasd a 1984 honda cr125r top end is new basically almost everything is new ...the problem im having is the bike is bogging down when i take off and when i climb hills i removed the carb and cleaned and replaced the park plug it ran a little bit better .. power band is working properly...does anyone have any sugestions on what it could be ?.. (possible reeds ?)....the person i purchased it from said he put new reeds in it but i have not really opened it up yet to look.....any sugestions whould be appreciated ...thank you in advance

Sand_man

Jun 30, 2006
what are you running for sprokets? i have a 13t front and a 50t rear, if u go up 1 or 2 teeth you will notice a big diffrence in acceleration power.

84cr125

Apr 8, 2007
ive got the same bike as you buddy, i know it in and out and i think your problem lyes in the atac chamber. do u have a manual?

You can check to see if the vavle is working properly by removing the muffler but leaving the exhaust headder on and by sticking two fingers up the chamber the valve thats in there should be completely open.

May 5, 2007
It could be the pilot jet.Or in my manual it calls it the slow jet.But it could be jetted wrong or you may need to rev it more.Most two stroke bog if you dont rev them and keep them in the band.Especialy on hills.or the guy may have lied to you and it needs new rings or reeds.Also make sure you got the right size spark plug in it.Take the plug out an look at it if its wet and black its jetted rich if its white its lean and i think a mocha color is an indication its jetted right.Also try adjusting the air screw.

cgator

May 24, 2007
i have the sale slip for the new piston and ring and bore so i know that is true.....im not having any fouling problems the plug does look almost mocha well i was running a 40+1 mixture and cut back to a 32+1 mix and it ran a little bit better i have a 51 tooth on the rear and a 13 tooth on the front im thinking maybe i have to rev it more i am a big guy for a 125 (i know size dont matter much on bikes) but i am 6'1 and like 230lbs. once i hit powerband its fine i cleaned the carb and removed the reeds today and they are brand new boyesen power reeds i even took the time to remove them and clean just incase any dirt was restricting them from working properly its just kinda sad when a kx 100 passes you(i know they are quick) going up a hill im going to try the air screw tomorrow anybody have any idea what the setting are suppose to be on the carb screws or where i can find a downloadable manual online for my bike

84cr125

Apr 8, 2007
cgator the manual for our bikes say that:

Carb name: PE35D
float level: 16mm(.63)inch
air screw: 2 turns out
STD Jet needle: 28L
Needle clip postion: 4th groove
STD main jet #: 142
STD slow jet #: 68

of corse these are all under indication that the bike is running a standard size piston but oversizing it a little wont make much of a difference. If you need anything else let me know.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom