btymer6188

Oct 27, 2003
I have a 1985 KDX 200 with no flywheel.Anybody know where i can get 1 real cheap?there arent any on ebay.Anybody have 1 for sale?I'm only 15 and 400 bucks is hard to come by.

drriviera

Mar 13, 2003
have you tried your local wreckers? surely there'd be a heap of kdx200s deep in the heart of texas... try ringing around outside texas... good luck.

btymer6188

Oct 27, 2003
i tried to call some places but they dont seem to have a flywheel.i guess ill wait till i see one on ebay.sometimes you see em as low as 30 bucks.

Kawierider

Jun 7, 2001
Good luck finding a flywheel for that bike. Evidently they are hard to come by. I own an 85 200 also and i just completed a rebuild on it. Unfortunatley i was stupid and messed up my flywheel when i took it off. The only thing you can do is look for small junyards that most people dont know about. THere are companies that will fix flywheel but they are expensive.

I found mine at a junkyard in western michigan, However i know he didnt have anymore. Fredette also doesnt have any. Talk to other riders around you, and try to find a riding club in your area. Typically they can tell you where junkyards are around you. Give me a shout if you get stumped i can see about ofrwarding you some links when i get home from school.
Tim
vezi4164@kettering.edu

btymer6188

Oct 27, 2003
Man the closest junk tard from my house is 20 miles from me.I tried that and they said they didn't have one.The next closest one is all the way to Houston,about 40 miles from where I live.If you can help thanks.

drriviera

Mar 13, 2003
btymer, i feel for you. wish i had a flywheel to spare. must be frustrating not being able to find one. do you have a national motorcycle trader/classifieds newspaper which you can find parts/wrecking bikes...? surely many wreckers can send parts via COD without a problem. other than that, keep your eyes on ebay. or maybe consider a search overseas, like a parts fiche site other than USA. if exchange rates go your way, maybe an import flywheel might be a cheaper option.

btw, the kawasaki part number is 21007-1064.

good luck mate. and a s a side note, it is a pity not much is documented about the 83-85 series KDX200s. Many web searches lead to very little on these bikes. My web page on my '84 KDX200 project will be up soon. Keep an eye on the following link in the coming days, maybe hours now that I'm more motivated;

http://www.labyrinth.net.au/~rcacic/kdx200

Cheers.
Rob C.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom