Baphomet31

May 15, 2008
Hey, im still a newb here but it seemed like a great forum to get some information about dirtbikes.

There is a 1986 klr 250 for sale locally and i was wondering if it was worth the buy or not?

I was talking to the owner via phone and e-mail and he said that the bike is not running currently and that all it needs is new rings and the carbs cleaned. i could probly get the bike for in the range of 550-600 $ would that be worth it?

How much does it cost to get the carbs cleaned and rings put in? I was talking to a friend and he said that a complete top end rebuild kit for a bike would cost in the area of 140 $ ( im not sure about that ) I live in Nova Scotia Canada.

Would i be able to do the rebuild myself? I have minimal knowledge about dirtbikes but i have a cousin who is a atv mechanic would the components be similiar?

The bike comes with a set of new front and back tires and rims along with new plastics also. Im wondering if it is worth the buy to get it. In total if i got the bike for 600 it would cost me another 100 to go get it then say 200 more to get it running maybe? i need some advice on this because im itching to get a dirtbike really bad.

Thanks, Aaron.

2fiddyEXC2T

May 4, 2008
id save your money and buy something a little newer if you can, if its not running there may be bigger problems with the engine than the owner HASNT mentioned. bikes come and go keep looking

Top Bottom