1986 kdx 200 front wheel respoking

hasBen

Mar 31, 2002
WOW! Am I overwhelmed. I have been trying to replace the front rim on my son's 200. I have some experience spoking wheels in the distant past but have been really stumped by this one. If I lace the wheel up and center the rim over the hub everything goes great, even tension on the spokes on both sides of the wheel, it runs well within specs for radial and axial runout. Just one big problem, the rim is not centered in the fork legs, it tracks about 6mm nearer the fork that has the caliper mounted on it. If I loosen all the spokes and pull the rim toward the odometer drive fork leg I can't get the spokes to tighten evenly. That is the spokes on the odo side are singing tight and the ones on the disc side are quite loose. I could really use some advice as to how to correct this. I forgot to measure the offset on each side of the wheel before taking it apart,but I have to assume that the wheel must run in the center of the forks. If you have or know someone who has a 1986 KDX200 would you please measure the distance from each fork leg to rim and see if it is equal. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ben:think

Top Bottom