1986 KDX200 intake, where to buy?

MX500

Jun 15, 2008
Both of my intake boots are heavily cracked. Where can I find replacements? Does Kawasaki still have these? WIll any newer boot fit?

Also, Are there any reed valve upgrades available aside from the boyesen replacement reeds?

My carb is dripping, I've been too lazy to clean it out so far (sticky float or sedement in the shutoff valve attached to the float is my guess). What other carbs will work well as an upgrade? Will the PWK carbs work?

My petcock also leaks...

My forks also need new shrader valves as the current valves are damaged. I may get extensions for them for a temporary fix (only the sealing surface is messed up), but can anyone tell me which triple clamps and forks will bolt on?

The steering stem bearings are the same as a KX500 or ~88-91 KX125/250. Would those interchange?

In all, it's not too bad for a $450 bike with CALIFORNIA STREET PLATES on it. I am really impressed by the power considering my last bike was a very well tuned 1997 CR500.

another thing... My KDX200 has been re-sleeved and rebuild by the previous owner. Are there any non big-bore sleeves available? I find it hard to believe that a small bore with this much grunt can actually be a 200. It feels like a 240 to me... :ride:

Top Bottom