yoitzBERT

Jan 4, 2023
Bought this bike off FB market place it hadn't been started in 15 years so far I have the carb rebuild and set to stock specs 125/40 air/fuel mixture 3 turns out needle jet in the 3rd groove float valve at 12.5mm new gaskets and O rings all passages clean and clear. Air box cleaned out new air filter, I'v seen in other forms something about a snorkel pretty sure this bike doesn't have one. Its got a new spark plug in it and is getting spark the compression is 150psi but good compression for this bike is 184-213 so its not far off but its not where it should be I adjusted the valve clearance to stock spec at TDC (in 0.05mm ex 0.08). After doing all this I got it to start but it would only run on full or half choke I rode it down the street about 100 yards then it died and it was running on full choke. The manual says that the decompression cables need to have some free play because it can cause a hard start or the engine wont run properly (Everything on this bike is stock)

I couldn't get it started so I kept adjusting the cables free play and the air/mixture screw while trying to start it and I still couldn't get it to start up. Getting it to run on full/half choke brings me to the thought that its the pilot/slow jet so I took the carb apart and I can see right through it I can see through the main jet too everything in the carb is fine also the spark plug is dry but the carb is getting fuel to it tho I checked that already so I want to say the carb is out of the question now. so I thought the spark might be weak so I bought a new ignition coil, CDI box and kill switch but now that Iv checked all the electrical components for resistance and continuity and they are all good so now Iv bought those for no reason but Im going to be keeping this bike for a long time so whatever lol. but I don't know where to go from here.

The bike has

spark
clean carb set to stock specs, clear jets
compression 150 psi
new air filter clean air box
proper valve clearance at TDC
Right now my plan is to install the kill switch, ignition coil and CDI box pull the top end off and try to get the compression up to spec but I feel like Im missing something like Im going to do all that and it still wont start so I need your guys help.

Thank you

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom