thejake456

Sep 24, 2007
i just got a running 1987 dr200 off of a guy i know but the only problem is it didnt come with a rear shock. ugh!!!!! i cant find one any where. and i dont wanna spend 300 bucks to buy i brand new one.

i looked on ebay for hours and still cant find one!! so you guys are my only hope.

does anyone know if there is any other shock that will fit it???? i know the 1987 sp200 and the dr200 are almost identicle but cant find one for that either.

this one wouldnt work either, would it????
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1978...arms=39:1|65:1|240:1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

thejake456

Sep 24, 2007
yea, i thought that because of the size. so i couldnt just put that on my bike? or wouldnt it support the weight of the bike and me????

schmanman

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 9, 2007
89RM said:
Any shock the correct length would/should work, so just get out your measuring tape and figure out what you need

^^^who's butt did you pull that out of? :nener:

If the spring rate is different, or the spring is not stiff enough, it would not work.

it would bottom out as soon as you sit on it.

that spring is not built for this application.

it takes two of them to do the job one monoshock does.

they are also too low travel.

thejake456

Sep 24, 2007
my problem is where the shock mounts to the frame and the linkage arm. the shock can not fork out on one side and not fork out on the other side. it cannot fork out at all! i would upload a pic of what im talking about but my ****ing computer is gay!!!!

schmanman

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 9, 2007
check salvage yards and stuff!

a shock from a newer dr 200 would most likly fit, do a little searching.

check www.bikebandit.com

and worst come to worst, buy the $300 one. it'll be worth it once you hop on the bike and hit the trail.

how much did you pick up the bike for? what happened to the original rear shock?

Last edited:
Top Bottom