Dklulz

Aug 23, 2010
Recently got this bike given to me. I got the top end rebuilt. Put everything back together. My problem is im not getting any spark, i traced all the lines, oem tested basically everything i could, besides ignition box (which is enclosed) not sure if there is anyway to test it. (If so please let me know) But anyway if anyone has any idea what the problem could be, please don't hesitate to tell me. Also if anyone knows the gaping or has specs for the gaping for the magneto!

Thanks

Dklulz

Aug 23, 2010
Bought new ign box and coil....

I'm still having issues with my 1987 yz 125. getting no spark. I do however not know whether or not if the ignition switch is a closed circuit or an open circuit. There is no kill switch its just wires. Do i need to ground them or what? If you could please help it would be much appreciated. Like i said before my stator is putting out, my ignition coil is new, my ignition box is new.

Thanks

Dklulz

Aug 23, 2010
Yeah, stator is putting out. Got a new coil and ignition box. And still no spark. I get good spark up to the connector to the ignition box.

Dklulz

Aug 23, 2010
Bought new ign box and coil....

I'm still having issues with my 1987 yz 125. getting no spark. I do however not know whether or not if the ignition switch is a closed circuit or an open circuit. There is no kill switch its just wires. Do i need to ground them or what? If you could please help it would be much appreciated. Like i said before my stator is putting out, my ignition coil is new, my ignition box is new.

Dklulz

Aug 23, 2010
Please leave input!

Edit/Delete Message

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Did you get a new spark plug lead wire with the coil? Are these "new" parts actually new or salvage?

Dklulz

Aug 23, 2010
There salvage parts, but they were taken off running bikes. I got a new plug and everything. Just still no spark. What could be any other problems?

Top Bottom