1988 ktm 125 mx giving me migrain!

caster_troy

Oct 6, 2007
:bang: 1988 ktm giving me migraine! I have taken apart and soaked carb, blown all carb parts out w/ air, emptyed and cleaned tank,fuel switch,etc. Replace spark plug. started it up let it warm up, went to take off bogged out in first + second,I stopped the bike and it died and wouldn't start back up. took carb back apart adjusted floats to dellorto VHSB 37 specks and now i,m off to get a hotter plug and new air filter. If this doesn't work I don't know what could be the prob. anyone have any advice or ever owned a 1988 ktm 125 mx? the bike is rare and hard to find parts and info on. thanks :bang:

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
My bet is CDI

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
CDI or stator. Motoplatt has been referred to as "motosplat".

caster_troy

Oct 6, 2007
I got the float level adjusted right, added a little bit of water to top off the radiator,put in a "hotter" plug, cleaned and resealed the air filter w/ grease, put the main needle on the seconed clip down,turned out air screw 1 1/2 turns and mixed my gas/oil 40:1 w/89 octain gas........ fired the bike up and rode about 2 hours. its running pretty good now, but is a little hesatent on the throttle if your not ripping into it.(its been about 10 years since i'v ridden. i forgot how much of an adrinalian rush it is taking off like a bat out of hell.) any tips on why it isent responding to throttle sometimes? thanks 4 everyones help.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom