1989 CR250 clutch problem. Need some serious help.

Twistedhawke

May 18, 2010
Hey guys, I was riding my Cr250 the other day and I noticed the clutch wasnt grabbing, so I took apart the clutch and looked at noticed the friction plates were shot and that the clutch basket had grooves in the sides of it....so that was shot too because it's supposed to be smooth. I went out and bought a pro X clutch basket and I also bought new a new clutch kit. I took off the old clutch basket, took off that main gear on the back of it and put the main gear on my new proX clutch. Then i slid the basket back in and put everything back in there and tightened the nut for the inner hub...after i tightened that nut...all hell broke loose....the inner hub wasnt turning freely of the clutch basket, therefore the clutch would never disengage....I dont know what to do here....Does anyone have any idea as to how to get that inner hub spinning freely? Thank you so much for all who read this!

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
I just installed a barnett basket in my crf450 and it did the samething. My problem was with the thrush washer that goes between the basket and the inter hub. Check your thrush washer and make sure it is going all the way up. I had to turn 8mm off the O.D. of the washer to make it work. They failed to mention anything about it in the instructions.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom