1989 Rm250

DCR

Mar 22, 2005
I have a 1989 RM250 that needs some work, but could be nearly perfect, but I am trying to decide if it is worth it, or in other words what would a very nice 1989 RM250 be worth.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Depends on the area of the Country but in good shape you might get $800 for it. Most bikes of that vintage you need to decide if the worth is there from a personal perspective to keep the bike.

DCR

Mar 22, 2005
It's not a bike I need. I have a 2000. I would be doing it purely to preserve a bike that is in great shape.

Last edited:

GreyMatter

Apr 21, 2010
Thats The Bike I Desert Raced and broke My Back on well over 10 years ago LOL I loved That Thing(one of these days i will restore one),I guess you will have to weigh out its worth to you VS if you think you can or want to make a buck off of it.In Nor Cal It Would go for in between $800 and $1000 on Craigslist in really good condition.

Last edited:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
There's about a snowball's chance in hell you'd ever make any money on any dirt bike that needed restoration. It's not an investment it's a hobby. Restoring dirt bikes is for personal satisfaction, not profit.

That being said, I had a couple RM125s as a kid and wouldn't mind finding one to fix up to keep around. If I'm ever in a financial position to do so.......

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…