www.maxxracing.fr
3K9dr.jpg

nyZKl.jpg

9j1dy.jpg

GL9Pd.jpg

eyRvx.jpg

KnobShredder

Dec 1, 2000
This is a FANTASTIC restoration Maxx!! Can’t wait to see it finished and fired up! And the translation to English is great, I understand nearly everything you mean, and the rest I just read between the lines ;-).
i’ve restored 8 bikes in my life, I’m currently restoring a ‘71 Kawasaki F8 Bison and it is one of my most difficult ones, the previous owner(s) had very poor mechanical inclination, to put it mildly lol. But seeing your awesome restoration has given me motivation to persevere, merci!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Looks great!

Some would recommend powder coating, but I'm not sure that's the best idea for a MX'er ... if it does chip, moisture can get under the finish and rust from the inside out and it won't be visible until a lot of damage is done. I'm sure the chances of a chip is directly related to how good the person is doing the powder coat is. An how rocky the tracks are where you ride!

JohninKY

Nov 18, 2000
Beautiful job so far. Reminds me of the days of Jean Michel Bayle and Jeff Stanton.

I still have a '94 CR250 that I bought brand new back in the day. Due for a little overhaul, but nothing like this. I also had a problem with changing the bearings out in the swingarm. I source a used one on ebay, but that was 15 years ago or so.

Looking forward to seeing the track pictures.

Maxx MRP

www.maxxracing.fr
I like days like that, well it's really not much but it is a pleasure to receive parts for the 250 CR.
To test, but I think it will do the job, compared to the old original hoses which may no longer be very tight.

dmAAr.jpg

Maxx MRP

www.maxxracing.fr
not too much time for the CR, but today I took a few minutes to check and repair the needle of the low-speed compression adjustment of the shock absorber that will take place on the bike.
So rectify the needle and it starts again. see to have the red screw re-anodized.

ADG0b.jpg

LKdkN.jpg

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Great post and an awesome job on the CR. I have a '91 CR250. Very fast and fun little bike. They make a great bike for GP's because of their speed. Head angle is a little steep on the frames and they can be quite a head-shaker. I put a Scott's steering damper on mine and it cured the head-shaking.

Maxx MRP

www.maxxracing.fr
Small arrival of parts for the 250 CR today, it is always a pleasure even if it is not much.
You can see there a HotRods crankshaft which is logically sold for the 250 CR from 92 to 2001, but after information taken, it turns out that the HotRods (probably other brands too and OEMs) are compatible with the 90/91 ( see even since the 86) so I wanted to check for myself, the vilo of my engine being nickel I will either keep this one in case I have a problem one day and since it will become a rare commodity (it it's been a while since it was not in stock) or resell it. or in the last case I mount it direct, I don't know anything yet.
Then for the handlebars you know it I like the gray handles grips (and if you do not know it now it is done) to make connection with the air box and the future protections of fork and disc in gray also as in the era of factory Honda RCs, and to finish the piece "Vintage" by excelence, the front fender stiffener, I had that on almost all my motorcycles in the 80s, so this is also a little reminder of the past .
I don't know yet what my motorcycle will look like after reassembly, I have only a vague idea, but I hope that it will turn heads in the paddock with fractures of the retina of the eyes

RJGYY.jpg

AD09b.jpg

7D3Zr.jpg

vdwXo.jpg

Maxx MRP

www.maxxracing.fr
I needed a Boyesen Rad Valve for a client, so I took the opportunity to add parts for the 250 CR so as not to have to add additional shipping costs when reaching carriage paid.
So not much, a key for the clutch because I have the vise grip made for but I do not like to use it too much, it is more stable and for the price I do not care to make it a.
The good hose to connect the tank to the carburetor, being the wrong size last time, a can of filter oil (very good I use it since 2010) and finally a small part made in Racetech for my rear shock absorber , for those who know ;)

bXmxg.jpg

EDJpa.jpg

WJ8X3.jpg

DqjJj.jpg

q9LkJ.jpg

Top Bottom