1991 Kawasaki KX 125 - Clutch Removal

91KX125H2

Apr 15, 2008
Hello All,

Well, im trying to remove my clutch so I can clean the clutch plates and turn them over to get the max life span out of them.

I ran into a problem though, I got the cover off, but there seems to be a nut holding the rest of it in place, which I cannot remove...? Any suggestions, hints or tricks to help make it easy or how to get it off??? Im really stuck.

THANKS

I have a 1991 Kawi KX 125 H2

Coop

Jan 21, 2000
I always use an air impact wrench. But that single nut is to remove the entire basket. If you just want to remove the plates you should see 5 or 6 smaller bolts. Removing those should allow you to get the plates out. But honestly if they are worn, flipping them over isn't going to help much, the plates wear on both sides and need to have the thickness measured really.

CarnageZ28

Mar 25, 2008
Ditto on what he said. Just replace them.

ericz103

Aug 18, 2006
Yea I would just replace them. If it was like my 93 kx 125 make sure you get that nut nice and snug when putting back together or it WILL come loose. If you hit it with a punch a and make it burr on the threads it will stay in place. I'm pretty sure the manual actually tells you to do that.

Top Bottom