kawakx125

Apr 28, 2003
My friend owns a 1991 kx 125 that recently acted really weird and then would not start. It ran at a very high idle all of a sudden after he wrecked one day. Upon looking into the problem, we found several potential problems.
1. Air filter horribly dirty. Only cleaned once in about a year. some dirt in airboot and carb.
2. Carb was not completely attached to airboot. Finger wide gap where carb attaches to airboot.
3. rubber Reed valve flange that attaches to carb was broken nearly all the way around. There was only about an inch of attached rubber.
4. on one side of the reed block, the reeds did sit completely against what they are supposed to.

We cleaned the carb thoroughly and cleaned the air filter. I need to know where i can find one of the rubber flanges that attaches in between the reed block and carb. Also, for the reed sealing problem, what needs to be replaced, the reeds or entire reed block. I am pretty sure he doesnt want to buy alot of expensive aftermarket parts when he could spend less going with OEM. I think he is on a tight budget so any reccomendations would be helpful.

ericlachance

Feb 16, 2003
You could try talking him into buying a rad valve... it even comes with the intake manifould, and its not TOO expensive. probably similar to the price youd pay for oem parts.

Eric

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
Well you could try 2nd hand. Might be a long search as MX stuff is not always kept. Try local breaker yards & or on the web. You may find KDX 200 stuff fits but I wouldn't bet on it.

Top Bottom